Extended milk fever, or ketosis, is a common disorder in dairy cattle. Extended milk fever is often caused by a negative energy balance. The cow cannot digest enough feed to meet its high energy requirements. The Topro Keto Duo bolus has been developed to reduce the risk of ketosis. The treatment requires administration of two boluses, a white one and a red one.
Topro Keto Duo; energy boosting
The white bolus contains readily available energy in the form of sodium propionate. This bolus also contains sorbitol to stimulate the production of bile. To support digestion and optimum rumen activity, niacin and cobalt have been added. The focus of the red bolus is mainly on protection of the liver. This bolus therefore contains choline, betaine and vitamins B2 and B12 in a rumen-resistant form. The red bolus also contains the following plant extracts: curcuma, fennel, boldo, artichoke and thistle. They detoxify the liver and promote bile production and appetite.
Dosage of Topro Keto Duo bolus
- 2 boluses (1 white bolus + 1 red bolus) 10 days before calving.
- 2 boluses (1 white bolus + 1 red bolus) immediately after calving.
Instructions for administration
- Administer using a suitable bolus applicator.
- It is recommended that a veterinarian’s or nutritionist’s opinion be sought before use, with regard to:
1. the balance of trace elements in the daily feed
2. the status regarding the degree of trace elements
- The bolus contains 16% inert iron in order to increase its density, where applicable.
- Simultaneous supplementation of additives with a maximum content from other sources to those incorporated in a bolus must be avoided.
- Storage instructions: Keep product cool, dry and out of the reach of children; protect against frost.